What is Remanufactured Lighting?
Remanufactured lighting refers to the process of refurbishing or rebuilding lighting fixtures, lamps, or other components to extend their useful life and reduce waste. Remanufactured lighting can provide a number of benefits, including cost savings, reduced environmental impact, and improved sustainability.
The remanufacturing process typically involves disassembling the lighting fixture, replacing any worn or damaged components, and then reassembling and testing the fixture to ensure it meets the same standards as a new product. Remanufactured lighting can be done with a variety of lighting types, including older LED fittings, fluorescent, and HID lamps.
Benefits of remanufactured lighting
- Cost savings: Remanufactured lighting is typically less expensive than purchasing new lighting fixtures, lamps, or components. This can help reduce overall costs for businesses or individuals.
- Reduced environmental impact: By remanufacturing lighting fixtures, the amount of waste sent to landfills is reduced. This can help reduce the environmental impact of lighting products, as well as reduce the need for new materials and resources.
- Improved sustainability: Remanufactured lighting can help improve the sustainability of lighting products, by extending their useful life and reducing the need for new products.
- Improved quality: Remanufactured lighting is typically of the same quality as new lighting products, as it undergoes rigorous testing and inspection to ensure it meets the same standards.
- Meet standard: Remanutaftured lighting can help landlords and businesses meet EPC energy efficiency standards and net-zero targets.
When considering remanufactured lighting, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Quality and warranty: It’s important to ensure that remanufactured lighting products meet the same quality standards as new products. Look for products and remanufacturing services that are backed with a warranty or guarantee.
- Compatibility: Ensure that the remanufactured lighting products such as retrofit fluorescent tubes are compatible with your existing lighting fixtures or systems.
- Energy efficiency: Look for remanufactured lighting products and services that are energy-efficient and will help reduce energy consumption and costs.
- Safety: Ensure that remanufactured lighting products and services meet safety standards and regulations.
When did lighting remanufacturing start?
The concept of remanufacturing has been around for a long time, and it’s likely that some level of remanufacturing of lighting fixtures has been going on for decades. However, the practice of remanufacturing lighting on a large scale, as a formal industry, is a relatively recent development.
The use of remanufactured lighting fixtures has grown in popularity over the past few decades as businesses and individuals have become more aware of the environmental and economic benefits of sustainable practices. In recent years, there has been a growing focus on the circular economy and reducing waste, which has further increased interest in remanufacturing lighting fixtures.
Today, there are several companies and organisations that specialise in the remanufacturing of lighting fixtures, lamps, and other components. These companies typically have extensive experience and expertise in the field of lighting, and they use specialised tools and equipment to ensure that remanufactured products meet the same quality standards as new products.
Overall, remanufactured lighting can be a cost-effective and sustainable option for businesses and individuals looking to reduce waste and improve their environmental impact. By choosing high-quality, energy-efficient products, businesses and individuals can help reduce costs and improve the sustainability of their lighting systems.
For help and advice with lighting remanufacturing Contact Us today.